Tim Hart is the owner and founder of Hart Law Office, PLLC.
Tim is an attorney practicing exclusively in the area of immigration law. It was a fascination with immigration that first led Tim to the study of law.
Prior to opening Hart Law Office, he worked as an associate attorney at one of the Twin Cities’ largest immigration law firms, served as a judicial intern at the Executive Office for
Immigration Review (Immigration Court) in Bloomington, Minnesota, and volunteered with the Centro de Derechos Laborales. Tim lives in South Minneapolis with his wife, Fernanda, and
- Juris Doctor. University of St. Thomas, School of Law.
- Bachelor of Arts (Government & Politics). University of Maryland.
Professional & Pro Bono Activities
- New Members Division Liaison, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Minnesota/Dakotas Chapter (2009-2010).
- U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Services Liaison, American Immigration Lawyers Association, Minnesota/Dakotas Chapter (2008-2009).
- Member, American Immigration Lawyers Association (AILA).
- Mentor, University of St. Thomas, School of Law.
- Volunteer Attorney, Park Avenue Legal Clinic.
- Volunteer Attorney, Linea Legal Latina.
Selected Publications and Presentations
- Immigration Outside the Law in Minnesota, Guest Lecturer, University of Minnesota, Department of Geography, November 5, 2009.
- Combating Attorney Burnout (Bench & Bar of Minnesota, Vol. 64, No. 11, December 2007).